Monday, February 22, 2010

Lent...





These colors totally excite me for spring and Easter! They remind me of when my brother and I were kids, my mom always had an Easter egg hunt ready on Easter morning before church! 40 days with no chocolate or candy for me at that age... was really a challenge but worth it!
Wether the weather was nice or not, she would never dissappoint us in super exciting chase.
The night before she would put us to sleep with story of how the Easter bunny would come early in the morning and hide all the goodies. When the morning came, I would jumped out of bed to go wake up my big brother.
Over the years, my mom done so many different types of Easter egg hunts. One year, she cut out rabbit paws out of paper and placed them in a trail from our beds to each hidden treat all over the house.
Another year, she left us clues where to find the next clue and sometimes a chocolate egg ending the chase in a big basket of chocolates and candy, kind of like the amazing race. Another time, my brother and I had seperate races but at one checkpoint we needed each others clues to find our grand prize that we had to share!
My favorite must have been when the hunt was outside in our back yard and treehouse... We have a pretty big yard so the hunt must have lasted a good hour. We had started the hunt inside the house and my mom came up with this awesome story behind it...I wish I remembered but it's such a long time ago...
I really miss those days... But these gorgeous colors bring me back to those happy days.